We would like to welcome new entrant children, transferring students and their families to our school.
* An enrolment form will need to be filled in and a birth certificate or passport will be needed for photocopying, on or before the day your child starts school.
* Children will get an invitation to attend for visits before they turn five. See Fab Fours programme below.
* These visits also give your child a chance to meet the children and teacher in their new class and become familiar with school routines.
If you have not been contacted please ring the school on 034190103 and make an appointment to visit.
If you are new to the district and want to discuss enrolment or visit the school call the above number or the Principal 021471199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transition to School
You can help your child by:
* Talking about school in a positive way, discussing activities, bells, playtime and lunchtime, going to the toilet, etc. so they will know what to expect and help them to feel more confident on their first day.
* Reading lots of stories to your child and discussing them.
* Colouring and drawing.
* Saying rhymes, listening to and singing songs.
* Doing jigsaws, cutting, pasting, etc.
* Using correct speech and complete sentences.
Children have been growing towards reading long before starting school, and it has been happening in the same natural way as they learnt to talk. Children develop in talking and reading by; listening, talking, singing, asking and answering questions, reading and re-reading favourite stories, singing and chanting nursery rhymes and songs; sharing toys and puzzles; making things together; going on trips and visits; and going shopping provide the experiences that children need to develop language skills.
There are several ways to contact the school regarding transition of your children
- Miss Brittany Scott New Entrant teacher for more information about new enrolments and school visits email@example.com
- Mr Paddy Ford, Principal regarding any transition at any age level. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call into the office and ask for an enrolment pack from Miss Shields the office administrator. 034190103 email@example.com
We have an excellent Fab Fours programme help your child’s transition to school.
The aim of the programme is to introduce your child to some routines and skills they will use at school. These include early numeracy and literacy activities along with games, music, outdoor activities and a visit to our school library.
You are not expected to stay with your child however there will be a tour of the school at that time and an induction programme if you wish to participate. This will be run by the Principal Paddy Ford to answer all of your questions and include
- Our values and vision. What it means for you and your child.
- Reporting processes, portfolios and interviews
- House teams
- Class and year progress
- Sports and cultural activities
- Using the school app, newsletter, communication and information sharing
- BOT and PTA involvement
- Lunches and uniforms
- Snow days and emergency closure
- Teacher aides and support staff.
- Special needs and gifted students
- School transport
- Cyber safety and the digital curriculum at Balclutha School