Report portfolios are sent out in term 2 and 4 for students.
- The portfolios contain a graph showing where your child sits in relation to the New Zealand Curriculum Levels for Reading, Writing and Mathematics.
- The portfolios contain samples of work including written language, art and mathematics.
- If the children have been swimming that term there is a record of their attainment.
- The students complete a self evaluation of how they are meeting the key competencies of
- Managing self
- Relating to others
- Participating and contributing
- Using language symbols and texts
- There is a place for teacher and principal comments. We expect that parents make a comment, sign the portfolio and return to school. At the end of their time at Balclutha Primary school your child is given all of the relevant portfolio contents over the years.
- Students get a brief report on how they are coping after six weeks at school and students in year 1,2and 3 get a report after one two or three years at school. This often coincides with the term 2/4 portfolio.